FIRE Stock Falls: Supreme Cannabis Reduces Workforce by 15%
FIRE stock is trading lower this morning after The Supreme Cannabis Company (TSX:FIRE) (OTCQX:SPRWF) said it would shed 15% of its staff in order to focus on “near-term revenue growth.”
The past few days have been quite difficult for the cannabis industry, with several companies announcing layoffs and others notifying about the departure of top executives—the most prominent being Aurora Cannabis (TSX:ACB) (NYSE:ACB). The latest cannabis company to announce layoffs is The Supreme Cannabis Company, which made the announcement late Tuesday.
More Focused on Revenue Growth
The company revealed that it is going to lay off as many as 15% of its employees, and Supreme added that the move is aimed at boosting the company’s revenue growth in the near-term.
Supreme Cannabis stated that as many as one-third of the employees at the executive levels will be let go, while 13% of those working in production are also going to be laid off. At this point in time, the company has 700 employees on its payrolls.
At the time of writing, FIRE stock is down by 4.50% at C$0.42.
In addition to the layoffs, it seems that the company is also scaling back its expenses considerably.
The Supreme Cannabis Company revealed that it has shelved its plans to invest in the United Kingdom and Europe. Supreme stock has tanked considerably over the past year and has lost as much as 77% during the period.
Despite the fact that Supreme has managed to grow its revenue by 349% year-on-year to hit $41.8 million, FIRE stock has pummeled. The industry has suffered from its own set of troubles, which may, in part, be a reason for FIRE’s performance.
FIRE stock has fallen over 35% so far this year.
What do you think about the most recent news from The Supreme Cannabis Company?
FIRE stock is trading sharply lower in Monday’s trading session despite The Supreme Cannabis Company (TSX:FIRE) (OTCQX:SPRWF) announcing that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Blissco, has launched a new full-spectrum CBD oil, called Pūr Dew.
TORONTO, Aug. 13, 2019 /CNW/ – The Supreme Cannabis Company, Inc.(“Supreme Cannabis” or the “Company”) (TSX:FIRE) (OTCQX:SPRWF) (FRA: 53S1) is pleased to announce the closing of its acquisition of all of the issued and outstanding …
Over the weekend, shares of the Supreme Cannabis Co. (TSX:FIRE)(OTCQX:SPRWF) skyrocketed off the back of the company’s Q3 results. FIRE stock has corrected since; currently selling for $1.98 on the TSX.
TORONTO, March 7, 2019 /CNW/ – The Supreme Cannabis Company, Inc. (“Supreme Cannabis” or the “Company”) (TSX:FIRE) (OTCQX:SPRWF) (FRA: 53S1), today announced the strengthening of its board of directors (the “Board”) with the appointment of …
2020 is an election year in the United States, and naturally, cannabis legalization has become an important policy talking point. With Canada having legalized recreational pot in 2018, the question is being raised as to …
GTBIF stock is trading lower on Friday despite Green Thumb Industries Inc. (CSE:GTII) (OTCQX:GTBIF) announcing that it would begin selling adult-use cannabis at Rise Effingham on Saturday, February 29.
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on my research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Supreme Cannabis Company (“Supreme”) indirectly engaged Market Jar Media Inc. to issue this Article. Supreme engage MEPS Marketing (“MEPS”) as lead agency. MEPS engaged Native Ads Inc., who then engaged Market Jar. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive the following amounts from Native Ads Inc.: eighty seven thousand Canadian dollars for 19 campaign days (15 business days). In addition, Market Jar was re-engaged by Native Ads for a period of 367 campaign days (252 business days) in the amount of one hundred fifty two thousand Canadian dollars.
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) To the knowledge of Market Jar Media Inc., certain affiliates of MEPS own shares in the capital of Supreme. As Market Jar Media Inc. is not an affiliate of MEPS, it is unaware of whether MEPS will hold these shares in a long or short position.